Industrial Engineering & Capital Goods sales team development program
The Challenge: Price Competition with very long sales cycle
Today when it comes capital goods selling or industrial engineering services sales, sales teams face challenges right from taking appointments, lack of clear requirements, severe price negotiations, long sales cycle, competition intensity etc. Among these challenges, the top 2 challenges we have heard many times is
- Customer not showing interest in my product features
- Customer is bargaining for price
Buying pattern: Buyer wants to be educated on value
In this era of free information, buyers across industries including capital goods buyers, are well informed or act as if they are informed about the product or service you are providing. They will research, study well in advance product brochures, competitor price points, features etc. In these cases, as sales executive providing information alone will not suffice as buyer already has 80% of the information.
But, in spite of the buyer doing a lot of research and homework, what the buyer is looking for is additional value he can get it from the product or service. He is expecting the sales executive or company to provide more and more value for same or less price. In addition, the buyer is on the constant lookout for education or learning about the product or service.
Solution: GrowthAspire’s “Sales Team Development Program”
We at GrowthAspire, have years of experience in helping engineering and capital goods selling companies to improve their sales conversion. We do this by helping sales teams develop key skills and provide tools & techniques and behavioral insights on knowing buyers key triggers. This knowledge will help sales executives to build trust with buyer, follow process and learn the key skills of articulating product or service benefits to customers,
Our programs are custom designed, and we help capital goods sales executives acquire real skills to know that,
- You have to separate the features and benefits and as sales executives learn to explain benefits
- Become expert about the product or service and start practicing consultative selling, such that you are helping the buyer to arrive at decision.
- Develop skill sets to persuade customer to take actions step by step
- Customers need help in the decision, not information. Learn to address customers fears & aspirations
- Develop Skills to handle key objections related to price, service, delivery, budget
- Development initiative focus towards making a successful team, work systematically for even better results