Ever since the pandemic has struck, every business has been forced to look into adapting to new ways of doing business.
The sales are no different. Especially if your clients are other businesses, right the prospecting, engaging clients, presenting, negotiations and closing has changed.
The fact is change is not driven by the sales teams, but it is by the B2B buyers, decision-makers. This is far more important, because when a B2B buyer has decided to change the way he buys, that means, the change might remain forever.
What is the change? According to a recent McKinsey survey,
B2B decision-maker preferences and behaviors have shifted dramatically since the onset of COVID. The GTM revolution is here and B2B sales are forever changed.
The key points from the survey are as below
- The tide has turned: digital self-service and remote rep interactions are likely to be the dominant elements of the B2B go-to-market model going forward when selling to both SMBs and large enterprises
- Don’t count on returning to a pre-COVID-19 level of in-person sales coverage, as only 20–30% of B2B buyers want to ever interact with reps in person even in their ideal/post-COVID-19 model
- Around 90% of B2B decision-makers expect the remote and digital model to stick around for the long run, and 3 in 4 believe the new model is as effective or more so than before COVID-19 (for both existing customers and prospects)
- 97% of B2B buyers claim they will make a purchase in an end-to-end, digital self-serve model, with the vast majority very comfortable spending $50K or more online
- Videoconference connections are critical and are preferred over audio/phone by almost 4 out of 5 B2B buyers
Even our interactions with many sellers and buyers showed that remote selling is here to stay as the buyers are comfortable engaging sellers remotely right from qualifications to closing.
Is your sales team ready for remote sales?
Transitioning to remote selling can be challenging as sales teams need to acquire new tools, skills, and knowledge to prospect and engage clients remotely.
The business that transitioning to remote selling needs to be asking the key questions such as,
- How do I measure the team competency and effectiveness with remote selling?
- What are some of the remote selling blind spots?
- What changes are needed to TRANSFORM to achieve higher business success?
At GrowthAspire we have been doing remote sales and have helped 10’s industries and their sales team’s to transition to remote selling over the last 12 months!
Want to make your sales team become effective in sales in the Post COVID19 world.
Reach us by filling the below form and scheduling the call